my precious carpet is filthy and soaking. What can a teacher do but make a quick list of 10 classic picture books she couldn't live without? The classicness of these titles perhaps shows my age, and I'll be taking a cue from Mary Lee in trying to find 10 newer books to add to my Class Favorites rack.
In chronological order as I'll use them this year:
1. Swimmy by Leo Lionni
2. Goldilocks and the Three Bears, many versions
3. Pumpkin Circle by George Levenson
4. Bartholomew and the Oobleck by Dr. Seuss
5. Frederick by Leo Lionni
6. Mattland by Hazel Hutchins and Gail Herbert
7. The Tree That Time Built, edited by Mary Ann Hoberman
(okay, technically not picture book, but so rich I think of it as illustrated!)
8. Piggy in the Puddle by Charlotte Pomeranz
9. The Little Red Hen, many versions
10. Hazel's Amazing Mother by Rosemary Wells
I hope to voyage around the 10 For 10 Picture Book lists of others. The round-up today is hosted nutritiously by Violet Nesdoly!