Friday, July 30, 2010

can't help myself

Those of us who thrive in the classroom environment have now been out of school long enough to be thinking of "next year." (Actually we were probably scheming about how do everything Better, Stronger, Slower before school was over, or that might just be me.)

So I woke up this morning (too early; bad cat!) thinking about the sense (or not) in a class mission statement, which led to a picture of me and my new reading class of 2nd graders making our silent and stealthy way ("Your mission, should you choose to accept it...") through the halls of our new school building, occupying and exploring our new room, and in the background was playing the theme from Mission Impossible (click to get the effect), which vision only works if you participated in Pallotta TeamWorks AIDS rides of the 90's, the motto for which was (and here finally is today's poem, a brilliant one-word piece of punctuation genius)--


I'mpossible.


I think my second-graders just became the I-Team. Poetry Friday is at Irene's Live. Love. Explore! blog today.

6 comments:

  1. I can't believe summer is almost over. I'm back at school next week attending workshops and getting my classroom ready. We don't offically go back for two weeks, but like you, I like to prepare ahead of time. Love the one-word poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! Will share with other teachers I know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great meeting you, Heidi! I love how punctuation changes everything.

    Did you ever see the video (I think it was on PBS) about the Hobart Shakespeareans? We got it from Netflix. I think you would like it if you haven't seen it. http://www.hobartshakespeareans.org/

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I'mpossible" is like a word mash-up. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! Am so borrow it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...I meant borrowING, but you get the idea. I was so excited that I hit publish and only noticed my error as my comment was whisked away into the Interwebs...sigh...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the wild rumpus!