Friday, November 13, 2015

wild all right

I hope Irene is still celebrating her 10th bloggiversary over at Live Your Poem, because I don't want to miss the party and my life has been--well, a little wild lately.

wild, all right--
in all the most ordinary ways:
the wild,
mild weather,
the threat and wet,
the unexpected,
microclysmic climate
change

wild, all right--
the wild
child changing,
the wrest and test,
unapologetic
shut-the-door-I'm-changing
change

wild, all right--
the wild,
piled letters,
the "better," "best,"
the unrelenting,
college-bound suggested
change

wild, all right--
the wild,
whiled passage
the ebb and flow
the unremarked
minute-by-minutiae
change...

all wild
all change
all right



9 comments:

  1. Some of my favorite bits from your poem: microclysmic, the wrest and test, the wild,
    whiled passage
    Nice wordplay! Are you going to the play or game tonight? If you go to they play, maybe I will see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The phrase "all right" has so many layers and meanings in this poem, Heidi. Oh -- stanza #2 is so familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Wild, all right" is a soothing refrain despite the detailing of the wild change in your life, Heidi. I like the line "minute-by-minutiae change...", but not how it feels. I echo Laura's familiarity with stanza #2. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the wild child changing...
    for many years with children, every year is a wild year of change
    but good.
    Hope you have time to breathe soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the voice, Heidi, so loud and firm, at least to me. Hope all is calming some times. "minute-by-minutiae" - good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That "Shut-the-door-I'm-changing" is all too familiar. Love this wild word play. A masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never too late to be wild, IMHO. Sometimes loosening the reins is all we can do. Hang in there, Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heidi! What a terrific pattern and rhythm you've created. And though my boy didn't go through the wild child phase, he was a changling, which was both bittersweet and curious to live through. Wild, indeed. Your poem and Irene's celebration remind me of the beauty of wild.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the wild rumpus!