Sunday, September 24, 2023

mjlu still on hiatus...and grateful

⏭ REDIRECT...⏭

Greetings, Poetry Friday friends. I just wanted to post a word of thanks to Catherine Flynn, who agreed to take over my hosting duties today while I manage the overload that crept up upon me this month.  I'll have to celebrate my 15th bloggiversary at another time. In the meantime, I am very, very grateful for my friends in this community, for the opportunities that I'm having, and for all those who are Doing the Work in an often sad and angry world.  May poetry prevail!

                                                                      *****************


My house is currently overflowing with guests, some of them quite small and needy.  I'll be back when I've attended to everyone sufficiently.  Until then, go well, my friends, and may poetry prevail!





8 comments:

  1. Hope life returns to some version of gentle for you, Heidi -
    I will sit with your Rumi offering today - he offers deep wisdom for dealing with difficult people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peace to you, Heidi. This poem is so powerful. Congratulations on 15 years of blogging. We will celebrate with you later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Heidi! Looking forward to hearing from you again soon! Ruth, thereisnosuchthingasagodforsakentown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I like that poem, Heidi. Thank you for posting it. See you soon at another Poetry Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gratitudes for this "ocean breath" from Rumi. You are wise to take the time you need to realign yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heidi, Rumi always brings pondering time. May your hiatus bring you back to PF refreshed and renewed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing this gorgeous poem, Heidi. "Be grateful for whoever comes" is such a beautiful line. I'll always be grateful that you are part of my life. (And I'm happy to host PF or do whatever I can to be helpful.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for self-care and knowing your limits, Heidi. I'm in the process of having to cut back on a lot of responsibilities. Take care (and not JUST of your guests)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the wild rumpus!