Friday, February 13, 2015

hearts again and why not?

http://stuffpoint.com/love/image/39530/
I have posted this poem before, on a quite special occasion since which my Beloved and I have tied the knot yet again in the state of Maryland.  And those pieces of paper we got officializing our marriage are pretty important for many social and political and financial and legal reasons.



But this string of words--that's all they are, which is the miracle--expresses a connection which must touch the inside, human place in everyone who has loved.  Now let that "hollow muscular organ that is the center of the circulatory system" fill up and become your Heart.

[i carry your heart with me(i carry it in]

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear;and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
....................................i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it’s you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

~ e.e. cummings

The heart of Poetry Friday will no doubt overflow with  love this Valentine's Friday at Merely Day by Day with Cathy.

10 comments:

  1. Appreciations for sharing this liquid & sensuous poem, Heidi. This e.e. cummings new to me so I expect to enjoy it again. (And I suspect several of us will be reading it to our Loved One this weekend.)

    Applause for your Maryland matrimonial - ceremonial repetition of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Now let that "hollow muscular organ that is the center of the circulatory system" fill up and become your Heart."

    Yes! I am so happy for you and your family. Happy Happy Valentine's Day from my heart to yours, Heidi... xo, a.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "the wonder that keeps the star apart"

    Thanks for sharing this beautiful poem.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on tying again the knot! Yay! I am loving seeing e.e. again today. This is my favorite (favorite) of his poems. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for your marriage and for the winds of change that are making this a reality for you. Such strength in "I carry your heart. (I carry it in my heart.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love e.e. cummings. "...it’s you are whatever a moon has always meant and whatever a sun will always sing is you ."

    Thank you and congratula
    tions!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. This poem never fails to fill my Heart.

    Happy Valentines Day to the Spice Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You could tie the knot in every state, sharing this poem each time, and still I would not tire of it. Still, I'm so glad you won't have to. Love does not have borders– I'm glad Maryland now recognizes your commitment. Congratulations, Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Heidi. I just found your post. Congratulations to you, your sweetie, and the whole family. I'm over the moon that you could finally make it official here in Maryland. Love, love, love to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heidi, hearts again and again for you are sent your way to celebrate a most auspicious day! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the wild rumpus!