At this time of year, we begin to feel a little tickled by the rising anticipation, don't we? It's not just spring that's in the air, but the knowledge that spring brings....
NATIONAL POETRY MONTH!
Last year I was audience for the National Poetry Month projects of others, but in March I stretCHed myself with the "Forward...MarCH" project. This year, inspired by Tabatha's "Poem-Song Match-Up" project, I'm going to spend April posting Poetry-Music Match-Ups, and I'd like to invite you to submit your pairings.
The airwaves are wiiiide open! You can submit:
- your own poem with music that you've realized goes with it,
- your own music with a poem that goes with it,
- someone else's poem with someone else's music to match,
- song lyrics that you find particularly poetic,
- poems written AS song lyrics
- poems inspired by songs,
- songs written about poems,
- poems written about songs,
- favorite nursery rhymes (which often have tunes),
- and any other poetry-music combinations that make sense to you.
I'll aim to have a daily posting, but I'll need to queue them up during Spring Break, so I would love to have your submissions starting any time now through Saturday, April 2. (I'm sure I'll be willing to take them after that, too, but it will be harder to be organized!). Send your ideas, texts, videos and links to me here.
Here's a Poetry-Music Match-Up to give you the idea--
There's no use pounding
the bottle of March.
The ketchup of April--
concentrated cherry blossoms,
tulips, pink bunny noses, Poetry Month--
will take its time
and be worth it.
On the first day, finally,
all us fools for poetry
will watch it come
thick, sticky, sharp and sweet,
to dress the burger of spring with--
Shoot! why wait?
These are the good old days!
Pass me the ketchup and a spoon.
(c) HM 2016