Wednesday, February 17, 2016

found object project day 17

http://laurashovan.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/IMG_5308.jpg
Getaway

I'm a little garish, yes--
A little tacky
with my rhinestone embellishment
and my approaching-neon
shade of pink
my squashy elevated heel
which no 4-year-old needs
to navigate.
So maybe Dad's reaction
was only a little extreme--
he scooped her, whining,
off the ground,
snatched me and my partner off her feet,
made to throw us in the bin.
There was a little snarling about
"a proper pair of sneakers."
But as he turned,
I did too, dropping
to the ground,
stepping towards freedom,
my garish, glittering future
in pink.

~ HM 2016
all rights reserved

Follow all the prompts at Laura Shovan's blog!
And see all the responses at Mainely Write with Donna today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the wild rumpus!