Friday, December 2, 2016

#haikuforhealing


Mary Lee said: "My creative spirit, who has been sitting out on the porch with her head between her knees for the last couple of weeks, looked up and nodded. Yes, that seems right, she said. A response to the news of the day, shared in the concise metaphorical form of the haiku."

Thus daily  #haikuforhealing in December was born.

My creative spirit exclaimed, "Dang, that sounds like a good idea! News, concise, metaphor, daily.  You can do this!"   And also: "Isn't Mary Lee wise, brave, and planful?"

So here we go, with no promises that I can manage every day.
*****************************************
12.1

fire, flood, tornado
no one says
"punishment from God"


12.2

skies clear: no dove.
on the ground jackass
brays at mad dog

Hmmmm.  Those are perhaps not extremely healing.  Let me try again....

12.2 

stone soup simmers
villagers add their vegetables
to the deep pot of Friday


And here are last week's warm-ups, featured on Today's Little Ditty by Michelle:

11.28

not by hiding
from the world but by living
widely in it

11.27

refuge & solace:
today I don't turn on
the news


11.26

gathering light
around the long table
let's take this outside


13 comments:

  1. I love your daily thoughts and your challenge/acceptance of come what needs to!
    And yes, Mary Lee is all that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Heidi.
    Keep them coming
    healing thoughts and words

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for #haikuforhealing! I love that you went with your gut on the first two then tried again for healing, Heidi. Sometimes we need to get out what we truly feel, then we try to figure out how to make it serve us and the world. I'll be checking back to see your progress. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed how these are just rolling out onto the page, Heidi. You were meant to do this— you're practically a haiku machine! ;) Of the new ones, I especially like today's bonus haiku—gotta love this sustaining soup we've got going. Carry on, friend, I'll be back for more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes it's healing to vent! Thanks for coming along for the ride, Friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 12/2 might not have been healing, but it made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My soul is already healing from all the haiku on PF. I think it's OK to write the snarky ones. Sometimes we've just got to get it out. I had a wonderful experience with the power of poetry in my classroom yesterday. (Thinking about a blog post) My own students taught me how healing poetry can be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That "deep pot of Friday" has me imagining all sorts of celebrations and peace, Heidi. Words,no matter the flavor, heal us. Thanks for sharing all of these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's great that so many in the PF community are involved in this project that is dedicated to the healing that we all deserve. Well done so far, Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! I read the news, and then I turn to Netflix for solace these days. I'm watching the Swedish Wallander series and picking up a little Swedish. I'd rather pick up Swedish than Trumpish. Great haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Heidi! Long time.... Love your haiku especially "the deep pot of Friday"!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, my gosh....love these! I especially love the stone soup haiku. And, yes indeed....let's take this outside. Wonderful wit and snark and pop to each of these. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is my absolute favourite:

    not by hiding
    from the world but by living
    widely in it

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the wild rumpus!