Thursday, April 18, 2013

30d30w: word 18


birthday  

secret whistles,
fiery code…
              nothing.
happy wrapping
hides the empty
         cage. 

something whispers…
furry coat,
thumping,
sniffing

Naturally, because I overslept, today has been maybe the hardest yet.  My compulsions (previously detailed; thank you Tabatha for snappy) are battling my sense of sense, and also I'm getting pressure from within the organization to choose a certain contributor's word!  So I'm going to call this stanza a seven-word bridge, kinda like in a pop song, and send both thanks to Amy for sniffing and telepathic vibes to certain contributors to Keep Those Whiskers Coming.

8 comments:

  1. Thinking repeating the word something might build suspense?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trembles, although I know you're lobbying for whiskers! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. delicious OR
    crumbs (after all, some of that birthday cake must have ended up on the floor)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I missed a couple of days.I'm back and I like the little critter that's emerging.

    munching

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the wild rumpus!