Sunday, April 21, 2013

30d30w: Word 21


birthday  

secret whistles,
fiery code…
              nothing.
happy wrapping
hides the empty
         cage. 

something whispers…
furry coat, thumping?
sniffing whiskers? 

subtle wishes

Golly, you guys are awesome.  Late as can be yesterday, and I still got a good handful of suggestions.   How about a shift, not so subtle, to the creature's point of view?  Could something small, furry and whiskered sense an owner's powerful desires?  Or is it that those powerful, fiery whistles were too much, and that something subtler, a gentler wish on the boy's part might work better?  Can't wait to find out.  Thanks to Margaret for the good wishes

Also, I think I better have a back-up plan for tomorrow.  I have to get back into the early morning habit, so if I don't have any suggestions at 5 am tomorrow, I'm going to trawl from previous lists.  I hope that's okay with everybody and I guess, since I make the rules, that it's not cheating!

3 comments:

Thanks for joining in the wild rumpus!