Thursday, April 11, 2013

30d30w: word eleven


birthday

 

secret whistles,
fiery code…

              nothing.
happy wrapping
hides the empty

In a rush today, but I'll take one minute to calculate some PoeMetrics a la Ed DeCaria:  our poem is now more than 33% complete!  (That's as much math as you'll get out of me today.)  Thanks to all the enthusiastic participants who keep coming by to play by offering words, and especially to Ruth for today's word, empty.  I had (not for the first time) the urge to select a clump of three words and empty red confetti all over this poor sad birthday, so do feel free to REsuggest red and confetti (or indeed pistachios) again tomorrow!

7 comments:

  1. This poem is taking on a deep sadness...my word today is promises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, I need more than one word to say "empty can that was filled with prank snakes that sprang out of said can and are now all over the floor."

    But I'll play by the rules. Some suggestions:

    calories, notes, singing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to choose one from my list, but after the empty can filled with prank snakes, etc, I'm going to go crazy and give my whole list:
    snake-skin
    bowl
    bottle
    shell
    cage
    coffin
    pie-plate.

    Okay, if I have to narrow to one, let's say shell

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll go with confetti again! Yes, we need empty as in pour out...not as in nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ninja Master offers "sadness."

    ReplyDelete
  6. balloon
    need to turn this around somehow

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the wild rumpus!